Resources & Links
This page is dedicated to providing you with resources and links to information, services and support. Here you can access information about books and links to important websites and articles.
California Psychological Association, www.cpapsych.org
American Psychological Association, www.apa.org
California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists, www.camft.org
Sacramento County Suicide Crisis Line: 916-732-3637
Placer County Suicide Line: 530-886-5401
El Dorado County Suicide Line: 530-622-3345
U.S. National Suicide Line: 1-800-784-2433
National Suicide Prevention Line: 1-800-273-8255
Sacramento Crisis Line: 916-920-2952
National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
• 123 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12, by Thomas Phelan, Ph.D.
• Surviving Your Adolescent, by Thomas Phelan, Ph.D.
• The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook, 4th Ed. by Edmund J. Bourne
• The Anger Control Workbook, by Matthew McKay
• The OCD Workbook: Your Guide to Breaking Free from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder,
by Bruce Hyman.
• The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Depression, by William Knaus, ED.D.
• The Courage to Heal, by Ellen Bass and Laura Davis
• True Love: A Practice for Awakening the Heart, by Thich Nhat Hanh
• The Miracle of Mindfulness – A Manuel on Meditation, by Thich Nhat Hanh
• Anger – Wisdom for Cooling the Flames, by Thich Nhat Hanh
• The Path to Love, by Depok Chopra
• A New Earth, Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose, by Ekhart Tolle.
• Care of The Soul, by Thomas Moore
• The Sociopath Next Door, by Martha Stout, Ph.D.
• Odd Girl Out – The Hidden Culture of Aggression in Girls, by Rachel Simmons.
• Marianne Williams, Return to Love. 1992
• Paul Tough, How Children Succeed. 2012
Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement. www.aplb.org
Ways to meet people. www.meetup.com
Center for online addiction. www.netaddiction.com
Porn addiction. www.arkrecovery.com
Adult Children of Alcoholics. www.adultchildren.org
Alcoholics Anonymous. www.aa.org
Narcotics Anonymous. www.na.org
Rape Prevention. www.RAINN.org
Sexual abuse & dating violence. www.ncvc.org
Domestic Violence Sacramento. www.weaveinc.org
National Domestic Violence Assoc. www.ndvh.org
Child sexual abuse. www.ProtectKids.com
Registered sex offenders. www.meganslaw.ca.gov
Child abuse. www.childabuse.com
Preventing child abuse. www.KeepKidsHealthy.com
Parent’s Guide to Internet Safety. www.fbi.gov/publications/pguide/pguidee.htm
National Center for PTSD. www.ptsd.va.gov
ADHD and ADD in Children and Adults. www.chadd.org